A couple of years ago I started experimenting with natural dyes to give natural colour to my macramé yarn and make my pieces more unique and special. Since then natural dyeing has been an exciting, eye-opening journey that now allows me to dye my own garments and textiles with beautiful natural colours.
I've decided to put together this kit and share with you what I've learned about this amazing and rewarding craft, so you can DIY :)
The kit includes all the necessary materials and instructions so can learn the basic concepts of natural dyeing and all the necessary steps to achieve great results.
The kit includes:
- Lifetime access to a series of five video tutorials, that will take you step by step through the dyeing process.
- A PDF with all the recipes and resources that you will need to keep experimenting on your own.
- Four different swatches of fabric (wool, silk, linen and cotton) and a retro net bag, that you will dye yourself and will become your wearable graduation project. 🎓
- Mordants and dyestuff already weighed and ready to use. You can choose between; onion skins, pomegranate peel or walnut husks.
- Iron crystals to learn how to modify the colours and get a larger palette.
- Your first wooden spoon.🏆
- A little notebook to create your first swatch journal.
This kit is for beginners, so no previous knowledge is required, all you need is loads of curiosity to experiment and learn this beautiful craft :)
Once your kit has been shipped you will receive an email with all the necessary links (Please check your spam folder)