Introduction to Natural Dyeing | Live class via Zoom - Sep 12
A couple of years ago I started experimenting with botanical dyes to give natural colour to my macramé cotton yarn. Since then, natural dyeing has been an exciting, eye-opening journey that now allows me to dye my own garments and textiles with beautiful natural colours.
I've decided to put together this online workshop and share with you what I've learned about this amazing craft so you familiarise yourself with the basic concepts of natural dyeing and learn all the necessary steps to start experimenting by your own.
During this class you will learn about:
- Natural fibres and dyes we can use. We'll prioritise fibres that we can find in our wardrobe and dyes that we can find in the kitchen.
- How to scour and mordant.
- Preparation of the dyebath.
- The use of modifiers to get more interesting results.
- How to look after your new naturally dye textile.
- Q&A. I will also show you some of the vintage and preloved garments that I've dyed for myself and my loved ones.
After the class, you will receive a link with the recording and a PDF with all the recipes and resources that you will need to keep experimenting at home.
This workshop is for beginners, so no previous knowledge is required.
I think it is fair that we ALL have access to this type of material and I'm offering this class at a very low fee, but if for any reason you can't afford this workshop please feel free to get in touch; firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you've booked you will receive an email in the next 48 hours with an invitation to the next live class via zoom (Please check your spam folder, just in case)